Last Updated on
A list of Books you can find and read on the Grand Canyon, The Colorado River and other (I have included links where I can).
- Down the Great Unknown: John Wesley Powell’s 1869 Journey of Discovery and Tragedy Through the Grand Canyon
by Edward Dolnick
- A field guide to the grand canyon Stephen R. Whitney
- The exploration of the Colorado river and its canyons John Wesley Powell ***Pretty dry but some great natural history stuff***
- The Colorado River in Grand Canyon A Guide Larry Stevens, i think its out of print.
- Breaking into the Current : Boatwomen of the Grand Canyon by Louise Teal
- The Doing of the Thing : The Brief Brilliant Whitewater Career of Buzz Holstrom by Vince Welch, Cort Conley *** brilliant read with a surprise ending****
- Canyon Michael P. Ghighlieri
- The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon by Kevin Fedarko
- RiverMaps Colorado River in the Grand Canyon 7th Ed. Guide Book by Tom Martin and Duwain Whitis
***Every boat will probably want one of these***